Jun 1, 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #1 of 1
The Rules describe what is allowed and what is not allowed, please read them first.
The Code - please read before posting
Can't Post - Sign Up!
The Code describes the basic etiquette expected on this site when posting.
1. This is a site run by vegetarians/vegans for vegetarians/vegans. If you are not at least sympathetic to the vegetarian/vegan philosophy, and you are not interested in learning more about it or meeting people who practice it, then please go elsewhere.
2. Please keep your posts on topic. The Board Moderator may move your posts if they are off-topic or the thread has strayed from the topic.
3. Threads may also be moved if it has been deemed that the discussion has become "heated or personal". There are two forums - Outside and Fight Club (members only) that are the places for these types of discussions. The purpose of these forums is to allow heated or personal arguments to occur without disruption to the other users participating in the regular forums. While participating in threads in either "Outside" or "Fight Club", the TOS (especially Section 1) and The Code still apply.
4. Please do not troll for flames, and please do not respond to trolls. The easiest way to make a troll go away is to ignore him/her. Please read The Subtle Art of Trolling for more info on trolls and how (not) to be one.
5. On a related note, bashing of other vegetarian websites is not regarded as proper behavior. We all have the same goals - can't we all just get along?
6. Swearing is generally frowned upon. We realize that the Internet is like the wild west, but we'd like to consider ourselves an oasis of civility. Use your imagination instead.
7. In general, please be respectful of others, use the golden rule, use your common sense, and take the high road.
8. When posting a link, it is generally considered polite to give a brief summary (beyond the subject line) of what the link contains, and whether it requires any special media players (such as Flash or Quicktime).
9. Please be sensitive to the belief systems of other members.
10. If you are posting a message for only one person, it may be better to send a private message to that person.
11. In general, before posting a breaking piece of news or asking a question, you may want to search the archives to see if it has already been posted and/or answered.
12. Before posting some alarming piece of news, you may want to check whether it is an urban legend. Snopes is a great resource for this.
13. Please refrain from using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS - it is the equivalent of shouting.
14. Be kind to newbies. Message boards can be intimidating to a new user. Better to give the benefit of the doubt.
15. It is bad form to steal the posts of others and repost them under your name on this or any other forum.
16. When revealing the plot or ending of a new movie, book, etc, it is good form to put something like **spoiler** in your subject line.
18. We ask that users refrain from attempting to drive up their post count by:
- double posting (please edit your original post rather than replying to it)
- one-word posts
- nonsense posts
we understand that these may be appropriate in certain circumstances. the key phrase here is "attempting to drive up your post count". Flooding the board for the purpose of increasing one's post count may be actionable in certain cases. It interferes with your fellow users' enjoyment of the forum. Flagrant and continuous instances of this behavior will not be tolerated.
19. If you use this board regularly and feel that it has enriched your life, please consider making a donation on a regular basis. There is a link for donations at the top of each page.
We hope that you still feel welcome after reading the rules and code of this board.
Please enjoy your stay here!
(This post was edited by herpeton on Jun 13, 2004, 5:47 AM)